TRAVELER by TOMS . FLORENTIN MATTE GREY
A good pair of sunglasses are worth their weight in gold; a statement some know far to well – for example Alex, a gentleman who spent an entire year trying to get his prized sunglasses back after a first date turned sour. But truly, we all can relate. Most can recall the feeling associated with finding a pair of sunglasses that sit perfectly atop the contours of their face, just as well as they can recall the pit that forms in their stomach when they've been misplaced. That's because nowadays sunglasses not only offer UV protection; they compliment, and in some cases complete an outfit, they allow you to get an extended (non-creepy) glance at the hottie on the streetcar, and finally they conceal the dark circles formed from the previous night out. The newest addition to my sunglass collection, the Traveler by TOMS in Florentin Matte Grey, are allowing me to do all that and more.
The Traveler Collection by TOMS ($98) features a bold frame available in seven stylish colorways and is constructed in SOLAFLEX™, a unique rubberized material designed to provide long-lasting durability, comfort and fit. After debating between the Florentin in Matte Black or Matte Grey for a hot minute, it was the violet lenses featured in the Grey version that ultimately caught my eye – pun intended. But the draw to TOMS Eyewear goes far beyond their beauty and durability. Every TOMS Eyewear purchase provides a person in need with a full eye exam by trained medical professionals followed by the treatment he or she needs. Three of the most common vision issues include:
Eye care professionals determine the corrective lenses a person needs and provide the right pair of eyeglasses. The patient is able to choose their own new frames, and a technician grinds the lenses to fit the patient's exact prescription.
- Nearsightedness Trouble seeing objects that are far away.
- Farsightedness Trouble seeing objects that are close up.
- Astigmatism An abnormal curve of the cornea, causing vision to be out of focus.
Surgeons perform an eye operation and give follow-up care and education.
- Cataract: Clouding of the lens of the eye, which can cause blurry vision and blindness. Cataract surgery represents the majority of TOMS-supported eye surgeries, and can be performed in as few as 15 minutes.
- Trachoma: An infectious disease that can cause chronic inflammation and scarring on the inside of the eyelid, which can lead to corneal scarring and blindness.
Eye care professionals administer prescription medications, remove foreign objects from the eye if necessary, and provide follow-up care and education.
- Inflammation and Infection Common causes include conjunctivitis and iritis, which can cause blurred vision, eye pain and can lead to blindness if left untreated.
- Eye Trauma Scratches or cuts to the eye that can lead to infection, loss of vision or loss of the eye.
- Corneal Ulcerations Bacteria or fungus that causes damage to the cornea. This can cause painful inflammation and loss of vision.
Thus far, TOMS had helped restore sight to over 325,000 people in need, and they've only just begun. Join the ONE FOR ONE® cause today and help someone in need while looking stylish. For more information please visit http://www.toms.com/improving-lives.