DREAMING OF JOSHUA TREE
Ever since I've been aware of Joshua Tree – likely introduced to me through Entourage –I've wanted to go. From the obscure rock formations and twisted trees to the stunning night sky displays, Joshua Tree, located in California, has tempted me with it's otherworldly beauty (and quite possibly, it's association with drugs). But for the past year it's been off my radar as I've dreamt of returning to Miami, Los Angeles, and New York. However, my desire to spend some time in the desert is back in full force thanks to a pair of Woodzee Wooden Sunglasses.
The Woodzee Joshua Tree Sunglasses ($120) combine ebony wood and metal to represent the Colorado and the Mojave desert, which together at Joshua Tree. Although I often think wooden sunglasses can appear – I hate to say it, but... – tacky, Woodzee has some stunning designs, and the mixture of metal and wood give this pair a sophisticated feel. And the engraved Joshua Tree on the inner frame only acts as a reminder that I need to make my way there ASAP.
PLANNING A TRIP TO JOSHUA TREE
With a renewed desire to explore the vast wonder of Joshua Tree I decided to put some research into where I'd stay and what I'd do while I was there. Here are some of the best Airbnb's I could find, which are also surprisingly affordable, alongside what I consider the top ''attractions".
WHERE TO STAY IN JOSHUA TREE
Who knew that you could stay in an Airbnb in Joshua Tree? I clearly didn't. Personally, I thought camping was the only option, and while I would definitely camp at least two of the nights, I also wouldn't mind spending my time in any of the following vacation homes. Hint: click on the photo to see the Airbnb listing.
WHERE TO GO IN JOSHUA TREE
Of all the places to visit in Joshua Tree, topping my list of must-sees, include:
- Hidden Valley – Known as an easy hike to introduce you to the park.
- Cholla Cactus Garden – A literal walk through a cholla cactus garden, which are, in my opinion, one of the cutest cacti known to (wo)man.
- Skull Rock – If you're also obsessed with skulls this is a must. Where there's a skull rock, you'll find me... likely having a photoshoot in these sunglasses.
- Fortynine Palms Oasis Trail – Another hike that's lured me in thanks to it's unique vegetation and supposed panoramic views.
- Johnny Lang Grave – Those that know me know I'm always into a cemetery/grave visit, as odd as that might sound. And there appears to be a bit of mystery in precisely where this one is located, adding to the fun.
Now to find a travel companion who is down to hike, camp, and chill – a rarity these days. Currently taking applications from anyone who'd like to join me on an adventure.
Have you dreamt of visiting Joshua Tree?
Let me know in the comment sections below!
[*]THE ITEMS FEATURED IN THIS POST HAVE BEEN SENT TO BRATTY B FOR PURPOSE OF REVIEW. ALL VIEWS EXPRESSED REFLECT MY OWN OPINION ON THE PRODUCT/SERVICE. FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION PLEASE SEE THE DISCLAIMER FOUND IN THE ABOUT ME SECTION.