HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDE
When you work in retail, December is both exhilarating and exhausting. With extended working hours, holiday parties to attend, and chaos in the streets, little time is left to shop for others - not to mention you generally try to avoid the retail atmosphere at all costs. More often than not this results in last minute efforts, but it doesn't have to appear as such. Check out my curated gift guide, filled with gifts that give the illusion that months of planning went into the present.
- Fresh Obsessions ($24) – Complete with two cult favourites - the Soy Face Cleanser and Sugar Lip Treatment Advanced Therapy - this duo is perfect for absolutely anyone on your list. Removing even the most stubborn of makeup, the Soy Face Cleanser remains gentle, never leaving you with tight skin, while the Sugar Lip Treatment Advanced Therapy keeps lips soft and smooth, ideal for the season .
- Too Faced Melted Kisses & Sweet Cheeks ($45) – With three deluxe Melted Lipsticks and three coordinating deluxe Love Flush Long Lasting 16 Hour Blushes, this holiday set is ideal for the beauty lover in your world. With incredible formulations, featuring long wear times and highly pigmented swatches, you don't want to miss out on this limited edition kit. Included in the set:
- 3 x 0.16 oz Melted Lipstick in Nude, Peony, Fig.
- 3 x 0.07 oz Love Flush Long Lasting 16 Hour Blush in Love Hangover, Justify My Love, Your Love Is King.
- Clinique Black Honey Beauty Set ($29) – After wishing this kit would fall into my lap for months I was finally gifted it by a fellow CBB beauty earlier this week and can't recommend it enough. With a lip color, nail lacquer, eyeliner, and lip gloss inspired by the award-winning Black Honey lipstick, it's perfect for the black hearted babes out there.Included in the set:
- 0.06 oz Almost Lipstick in Black Honey
- 0.14 oz A Different Nail Enamel in Black Honey
- 0.01 oz Quickliner for Eyes Intense in Black Honey
- 0.21 oz Superbalm Moisturizing Gloss in Black Honey
- Tarte Stroke Of Midnight Brush Set ($54) – While this set may no longer be available on Sephora I couldn't help but add it to this guide given it's availability on Macy's & Amazon. Included in the set is the Airbrush Finish Bamboo Foundation Brush, my HG for applying foundation, far superior to the Shiseido foundation brush the rest of the beauty world raves about. And given this kit is a mere $10 more than the foundation brush itself, and also includes a concealer, eye shadow, complexion, and blush brush, all featuring glamorous gold handles, and a glitzy brush box, it's kind of a no brainer!
- Lullabies by Lang Leav ($19.99) – Poetry warms the soul and this sequel to the hugely popular, best-selling Love & Misadventure, is a necessity for those lost in the journey of love. Lullabies continues to explore the intricacies of love and loss through Lang Leav's evocative poetry in a manner that is complex and simple all at the same time. A must have for the book lover in your life.
- Anthropologie Bottle Openers ($14.95+) – From a solid gold orange slice to a swan for twist-tops, Anthropologie is your go-to for all bar related accessories.
- Custom Made Necklace from Red Barberry Jewelery – 16" Bar Necklace - Nothing shows off your thoughtfulness to a loved one quite like a custom necklace. I adore all of the options Red Barberry has to offer, but it's the 16" Bar Necklace that holds a special place in my heart, as it was made for me as a surprise by RedBarberry owner Chelsea. And although orders placed after Dec 7th will not arrive prior to Christmas, Torontonians have the option to pick up their gift in person in order to facilitate delivery pre-Christmas.
- Human Kind Equality For All Candle ($24.50) – Another Etsy must is this White Tea & Ginger candle by HumanKind Candles, a company based in Vancouver. As soldiers of peace, warriors of love and justice, heroes of gorgeous dissent and pioneers of the profound, HumanKind Candles donate one dollar from the purchase of every candle to support their select charities. Plus their candles are 100% soy-based and smell incredible - a much better choice than an Bath & Body Works candle.
- Runway Luxe Ear Jackets ($24) – Ear Jackets have been a major trend this year trend and are seemingly here to stay. These options from Runway Luxe are at the top my list because of their affordablity and versatility.
SHOP THE GIFT GUIDE + MORE
Will any of these items make it on your shopping list this holiday season?
Let me know your favourites in the comment section below.