THE DETOX MARKET . YORKVILLE LOCATION
Yorkville has long been known as THE destination for high-end beauty and clothing retail in Toronto. With shops such as Holt Renfrew, Chanel, Prada, and Guerlain lining the neighbourhoods main street, Bloor, it's easy to understand why so many flock here for the latest trends. But take a stroll down Scollard St, a quaint side street nestled a few blocks North of Bloor, and you'll find a company who believes that organic living is equally as important as stylish living. Welcome The Detox Market, a non-toxic beauty destination that is sure to become a Yorkville favourite.
Four years after opening the doors of their King St. W location, The Detox Market now expands beyond the downtown core with the opening of their newest location at 96 Scollard St this past July. The Yorkville location features a minimal black and white design, which strays from the rustic elements in their downtown location, allowing the eco-friendly products to become the focal point of the shop. As you enter the quaint white house with black trim your eyes immediately lock onto the large geometric shelving which spans the length of the store. Here you'll find the company's in-house brand Odacité, alongside natural skincare and haircare brands such as One Love Organics, May Lindstrom, Sudsatorium and Rahua. The shop is also home to a variety of natural cosmetic brands, including W3ll People, Ilia Beauty, EcoBrow and RMS Beauty, all found center-shop, with a co-ordinating wall of colourful bkr water bottles providing the perfect backdrop.
After spending at least an hour an a half swatching, testing, and even sniffing around the store I've narrowed down some of my favourite products housed at The Detox Market in Yorkville.
- May Lindstrom Skin – The Clean Dirt ($74) + The Facial Treatment Brush ($36) – As a child I loved creating my own beauty products, so the sheer idea of being able to make my own facial mask excites me. The Clean Dirt is a daily micro-dermabrasion treatment that transforms the appearance of skin using cleansing clay, warming spices, healing salts, and H20-acitvated Vitamin C.
- Indie Lee – Blemish Lotion ($32) – After falling in love with the Kate Somerville version of this blemish fighter there is no way I will be returning to the typical salicylic acid & benzoyl peroxide blemish treatments.
- bkr – LBD Heart ($44) – These adorable water bottles are eco-friendly, easy to clean, and stand the test of time. I would know... you would think mine fancies itself a base-jumper the number of time it falls from the counter.
- W3ll People – Altruist Mineral Foundation ($40) – I purchased this foundation back in the Spring, however only garnered up the guts to use it over the past few weeks. I absolutely love how lightweight it feels on the skin. Plus it blends with ease, and features a lemony-fresh scent that I can no longer begin my day without.
- Odacité – Peach Cypress & Wild Carrots ($) – Realistically I want to try each and every Serum that Odacité has to offer, but first on my list are Peach Cypress, to deliver a matte complexion, and Wild Carrots, which delivers a vital glow.
Have you had a chance to visit The Detox Market?
What is your favourite natural beauty brand and/or product?